Learning Grove Is Looking For A Preschool Teacher
We are hiring for full time preschool teachers at multiple of our Northern KY and Ohio centers.
To establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment
1. Establish and maintain an environment for children, which is clean, safe, stimulating and which is appropriate for each child’s developmental level.
2. Be responsible for the appearance, décor, and learning environment of the classroom.
3. Assume an equal share of the joint housekeeping responsibilities of the staff.
4. Design appropriate room arrangement to support the goals of the classroom.
5. Promote healthy eating practices.
To advance motor and intellectual competence
1. Supporting, emerging literacy and language development in response to each individual child’s interest through whole language experience.
2. Implement a curriculum that fosters the construction of mathematical knowledge through hands on activities.
3. Design and implement activities that foster the development of physical knowledge.
4. Provide an integrated curriculum that meets the needs of individual children.
5. Use equipment and material for indoor and outdoor play that promotes children’s fine and gross motor development.
To support social and emotional development and provide positive guidance
1. Gear the program to the needs of the individual child and pace of learning.
2. Consider the individual child in relationship to his/her culture and socio-economic background.
3. Treat each child, co-worker and parent with dignity and respect.
4. Help each child to become aware of his/her role as an integral member of a group.
5. Plan and implement a curriculum that reflects the culture diversity of the group.
6. Provide and environment that provides development of self-esteem.
To establish positive and productive relationships with families
1. View parent-teacher relationship as a partnership, focusing on each child’s individual strengths and abilities.
2. Plan and implement hands-on activities that develop self-esteem.
3. Use and promote positive guidance techniques and a variety of creative and expressive activities.
4. Responsible for coordinating with the Associate and Assistant Teacher.
5. Gather information from team members for feedback to families.
6. Parent concerns should be directed and handled by the Lead Teacher.
To ensure a well-run, purposeful program responsive to participant needs
1. Planning, supervising, and implementing the curriculum in accordance with the policies and philosophy of the program.
2. Access support services and resources relating to the individual needs of the families and children.
3. Maintain daily, weekly and monthly written plans that reflect the individual interest and abilities of the children.
4. Observation and documentation of individual progress through anecdotal notes, development checklist, portfolio assessments and other designated screenings.
5. All documentation must be completed within agency guidelines and time limits.
6. Complete paperwork required for local, state, and federal agencies.
7. Responsible for supervising the Associate and Assistant Teacher, and volunteers in their classroom.
8. Assist the director in evaluating classroom staff.
9. Facilitate weekly staff meetings to address children development and needed adaptations to the environment.
To maintain a commitment to professionalism
1. Attend all staff meetings, parent meetings, and other mandatory or required inservices.
2. Promote agencies code of ethics.
3. Maintain flexibility and consistency with all staff.
4. Maintain confidentiality regarding staff, families, and children at all times.
5. Relate to families in a positive and respectful manner.
Must have thorough knowledge of and be able to implement a developmental constructivist approach. Must be at least 18 years of age, a high school graduate, and have an Associate or Bachelors degree in Early Childhood Education, be professionally prepared as a teacher of young children. In addition, he/she must be able to meet the requirements of the city and state licensing agencies.
Pay Starts At $11 An Hour
|company’s social handle for Facebook|
|link to company website’s hiring page|