Aegis Protective Services Is Hiring Security Officers
As a Security Officer, you will provide security detail as outlined in the post orders and establish working relationships with customers, local law enforcement and fire departments. Security personnel will always perform job duties with a constant awareness of surroundings, making note of any and all activity that takes place in the assigned area. Specialized Security Officers must maintain a professional image and demonstrate excellent customer service at all times.
* Control of entrances and movement of pedestrian and vehicle traffic.
* Inspection of security and fire exposures.
* Escort of material and personnel.
* Standing, driving or walking patrol of buildings and perimeters.
* Special assignments.
Duties may vary depending on department size, organizational structure, geographic location and post assignments. The overall general function of officers is to provide security detail as described below (Note: Duties may vary depending on post orders):
* Be on time and report to post in full uniform.
* Maintain a professional image that includes greeting customers, visitors, and employees in a polite and friendly manner.
* Be proactive in knowing all revisions to post orders and general information distributed by the customer and Aegis Protective Services.
* Patrol physical property or maintain fixed post position, being diligent to report any suspicious activity and investigate accidents and criminal acts.
* Monitor cameras or equipment in a continuous fashion as outlined in the post orders.
* Maintain a working knowledge of all emergency policies, procedures and regulations to be able to respond to alarms, incidents and emergency situations.
* Complete Daily Activity Reports, Log Book entries, Incident Reports and all relevant reports related to job assignment.
* High School Diploma and/or equivalent (GED)
* Proven customer service experience
* Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
* Strong customer service skills, exemplifying the core values of Aegis Protective Services
* Ability to be a results-oriented employee, handling multiple priorities simultaneously.
* Ability to work as a team
* Strong oral and written communications skills.
* Work with a sense of urgency.
· Must be able to see, hear, speak and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or other customers.
· Pushing/pulling/carrying lifting may include up to 50 lbs, stair climbing, walking and at times standing.
· Normal vision or corrected by use of glasses and/or contacts for normal reading and viewing abilities.