Walker’s family ‘stunned by death report’

Paul Walker

Paul Walker’s family was reportedly “blindsided” by his death report.

The actor and his friend Roger Rodas were killed in Santa Clarita, California on November 30 when the Porsche Carrera GT driven by Rodas veered off the road and slammed into a pole, exploding into flames.

Investigators concluded the crash was caused by speed, not mechanical failure, and announced their findings at a news conference on Tuesday.

But TMZ reports the Walker family received no advance notice, with one person indicating they were stunned to see a news ticker with the announcement on their television.

Apparently the family feels “betrayed” by the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department after officers reportedly failed to give them a courtesy call.

A spokesperson for the family had not commented publicly on the case at press time.

The LA County Sheriff has also yet to comment.

Sheriff’s Commander Mike Parker said on Tuesday Rodas was driving at high speeds when he lost control of the vehicle.

“Investigators determined the cause of the fatal solo-vehicle collision was unsafe speed for the roadway conditions,” Parker said.

The final report obtained by CNN indicated the vehicle was traveling “between 80 and 93 mph at the time the car impacted a power pole and several trees”.

The coroner’s report previously indicated the men could have been traveling up to 100 mph.

The posted speed limit in the area the men were driving is 45 mph, according to the network.

Walker was on a brief break from Fast and Furious 7 when the tragedy occurred.

Production was put on hold as a result, however studio bosses revealed this week the feature will be completed using CGI and body doubles.

Fast and Furious 7 is scheduled for release in April 2015.

© Cover Media