Simon Cowell has reportedly backed out of a major X Factor UK commitment due to his love child scandal.
The music mogul was due to film an appearance for the British talent show aboard his $69 million yacht in the South of France, according to UK newspaper the Daily Mirror.
The outlet reports Simon has instead issued an apology to judges Gary Barlow, Sharon Osbourne, Louis Walsh and Nicole Scherzinger for cancelling the segment in which he was due to reveal which categories of performers they would each look after.
The panelists were apparently due to jet out to St Tropez this Thursday to see Simon, who left the show as a mentor in 2011.
The television mogul is now expected to deliver the news via telephone from his water vehicle.
“Simon has delayed the original date he was going to set sail on his boat and it is not going to work in his schedule now, so it has been cancelled,” a source said.
“His problems and drama off screen are now starting to impact on his TV shows. He even called the UK judges personally to apologize for messing them around.”
Network executives are reportedly less than impressed with the setback.
They are said to be worried about losing viewers because of it.
“ITV bosses are furious at the last-minute change,” the insider continued. “Simon’s return was going to be a big coup for them, but now that he’s just doing exactly the same as he did last year, it’s no big draw for the viewers. It’s really disappointing.”
The report follows revelations last week Simon may have fathered the baby of his best friend’s wife, Lauren Silverman.
Lauren was recently served divorce documents.
According to reports, her estranged husband, Andrew Silverman, accused her of adultery with Simon.
© Cover Media