Moses Farrow claims Woody Allen “did not molest” his sister Dylan.
Moses, 36, is the adopted son of Mia Farrow and Woody. He has come forward to voice his thoughts on accusations made against his father by his younger sister Dylan Farrow.
After Dylan wrote an open letter published in part by the New York Times on February 1, claiming she had been sexually abused by Woody aged seven, controversy has been reignited surrounding the story that first made headlines in 1992.
“Of course Woody did not molest my sister. She loved him and looked forward to seeing him when he would visit. She never hid from him until our mother succeeded in creating the atmosphere of fear and hate towards him,” Moses fumed to People.
Woody and Mia began a relationship in the early ‘80s. They subsequently split after Mia discovered Woody was having a relationship with Soon-Yi Previn, the adopted daughter of Mia and her ex-husband André Previn.
A bitter custody battle ensued during which Dylan alleged Woody had abused her. He was not charged with any offence but Mia won full custody of the children, including her and Woody’s biological son Ronan.
“The day in question, there were six or seven of us in the house. We were all in public rooms and no one, not my father or sister, was off in any private spaces. My mother was conveniently out shopping. I don’t know if my sister really believes she was molested or is trying to please her mother. Pleasing my mother was very powerful motivation because to be on her wrong side was horrible,” continued Moses.
Woody has always strongly denied any wrong doing.
Yesterday his lawyer Elkan Abramowitz spoke out in defense of his client, stating that Woody was saddened by recent events.
“His reaction is one of overwhelming sadness because of what has happened to Dylan,” Elkan said on NBC’s Today show.
“She was a pawn in a huge fight between him and Mia Farrow years ago, and the idea that she was molested was implanted in her by her mother. That memory is never going to go away. So the fact that she says this now, that it happened 20 years ago, is totally understandable.”
Dylan, 28, has responded to the furor surrounding the fresh allegation, addressing the comments made by Moses.
“This is such a betrayal to me and my whole family. My memories are the truth and they are mine and I will live with that for the rest of my life. My mother never coached me. She never planted false memories in my brain. My memories are mine. I remember them,” she told People.
© Cover Media