FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 11, 2013
CINCINNATI, OH – Matthew 25: Ministries, an international humanitarian aid and disaster relief organization located at 11060 Kenwood Road in Blue Ash, is preparing shipments in response to the devastation left behind by Super Typhoon Haiyan.
Super Typhoon Haiyan, a category-5 storm and one of the most powerful ever recorded, reached the central islands of the Philippines on Friday. Three days later, people are struggling to grasp the enormity of the devastation. Thousands of houses are destroyed and many areas are still cut off. As many as 10,000 people may have been killed. Hundreds of thousands of survivors lack food, water, shelter and medicine. Contaminated water is creating escalating health hazards; many areas lack power; roads are blocked or washed out; hospitals are incapacitated or overcrowded; airports destroyed.
“This is a disaster of major proportions,” says Tim Mettey, CEO and Disaster Relief Coordinator of Matthew 25: Ministries. “The damage and loss of life is comparable to the Southeast Asian Tsunami in 2004. This will be a long-term relief effort for us. We are working with several partners in the Philippines to get critical aid to the victims as quickly as possible.”
Matthew 25: Ministries is preparing shipments and working with partners in the Philippines to arrange for shipments of disaster relief for the victims. Matthew 25 is accepting the following donations for disaster relief:
- Monetary Donations: Donate online, mail checks to Matthew 25: Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242 or text CARING to 50555 to make a $10 donation.
- Non-Perishable Food: PULL TOP canned vegetables, fruits etc.; ready to eat dry goods such as nuts, peanut butter, dried fruits, granola and trail mixes, jerkies, ready to eat snacks; bottled water; ready- to-eat meals or MREs etc.
- Personal Care Products: Antibacterial soap, hand sanitizer, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, lotion etc.
- Cleaning supplies: Laundry detergents, general cleaner, sponges, bleach (powdered form is preferred), mops, scrub brushes, buckets, rubber gloves etc.
- Paper products: Toilet paper, paper towels etc.
- Baby and infant supplies: Diapers, wipes, diaper rash ointment, baby wash, baby shampoo, baby lotion etc.
- First-Aid items: Bandages, gauze, pads, first aid tape, antiseptic creams, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, latex gloves, instant cold packs etc.
For ongoing information on Matthew 25: Ministries’ response to this most recent disaster, please visit their website at www.m25m.org.
Matthew 25: Ministries accepts cash, credit card and internet donations for ongoing disaster aid and humanitarian relief programs. More than 99% of Matthew 25: Ministries’ cash and in-kind donations go toward programs. All designated funds are used for the purpose intended. Text CARING to 50555 to make a $10 donation to disaster relief. For the most up-to-date information about Matthew 25: Ministries’ humanitarian aid and disaster relief efforts please contact Joodi Archer at (513) 793-6256 or visit their website at www.m25m.org. Follow Matthew 25: Ministries on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter.
ABOUT MATTHEW 25: MINISTRIES: Matthew 25: Ministries rescues and reuses approximately 14,000,000 pounds of corporate discontinues, misprints, overruns, off-spec, slightly damaged, returned and past season products each year and redistributes them to people in desperate need throughout the US and worldwide. Each year, Matthew 25: Ministries impacts the lives of more than 15,000,000 individuals throughout the United States and around the world. More than 99% of Matthew 25: Ministries’ cash and in-kind donations go toward programs. Matthew 25 is top-ranked on Forbes’ list of the Most Efficient Large Charities in the US. Matthew 25 is also highly ranked of more than 2,000 four star charities on Charity Navigator. Matthew 25: Ministries appears in The “Philanthropy 400″ listing of America’s Top Charities and is accredited by the Better Business Bureau through the “Wise Giving Alliance Standards”. For more information, contact Joodi Archer at Matthew 25: Ministries (513) 793-6256 or visit www.m25m.org.