Elton John “can’t wait to get back on stage” after recovering from his appendix operation.
The Rocket Man singer has shot back into action after suffering the painful procedure last month.
The 66-year-old is now eager to play some live shows in front of patient fans.
“I feel great. I can’t wait to get back on stage,” he told friends according to British newspaper the Daily Mirror.
The singer has been enjoying life at his plush home in Nice, South East France.
And now he is expected to perform in a comeback concert this Monday.
“He had a tough few weeks and was in a real bad way, so there were fears that he wouldn’t be back at the piano for months,” a source close to Elton revealed.
“The pain was horrible but the break to recover has done him the world of good.
“Elton was born to be on the stage and once he had the operation he said he couldn’t wait to start playing again,” the insider added.
At his first public appearance since being treated for appendicitis, he is expected to claim the first-ever BRIT Icon Award at the London Palladium.
Elton pulled out of gigs in Italy, Germany and London when he fell ill.
The crooner’s insurance payout could have reached as much as $15 million after being forced to quit his 14-date summer tour that included festivals.
The money would have seen promoters refunded for tickets, some of which cost around $155. Elton would have performed to around 200,000 people on his tour.
The British star reportedly takes on about 120 concerts every year.
Before entering medical care, Elton had supposedly been telling buddies that he felt as if “he was going to explode” for weeks in advance.
© Cover Media