Cyrus: Hospital was so scary

Miley Cyrus

Miley Cyrus was “poisoning” herself without realizing, she has revealed.

The Wrecking Ball singer spent more than a week in hospital earlier this month after having a bad reaction to medication she had been prescribed for a sinus infection. Earlier today on Ryan Seacrest’s radio show, the 21-year-old spoke for the first time about her ordeal since being released from hospital last Thursday.

“I’m doing good, much better,” she said. “It was so scary. I had basically been poisoning myself with something I didn’t know I was really scary allergic to. It was insane.”

Miley had to cancel numerous dates of the American leg of her Bangerz tour while she was receiving treatment in Kansas. But for someone renowned for being full of energy, Miley soon grew restless while trapped in her hospital bed.

“I was crying because I was so bored. I’m laying here hooked to all these machines. Every two hours, some woman comes in and pokes me with a needle, just miserable,” she recalled. “I’m just laying here with nothing to do. I was begging the doctors, ‘Let me out to go do the show!’ It was basically no way.”

The medication she was receiving during her stay made her lose her appetite. But she did manage to find one surprising exception which helped her get through the week.

“I wouldn’t eat anything cause the medicine made me sick except [Southern country themed chain restaurant] Cracker Barrel. So all I did for five days was be on steroids, get myself better, and eat Cracker Barrel,” she laughed.

Now Miley has recovered from her allergic reaction, she will resume her tour in Europe on Friday.

© Cover Media