WUBE 105.1 fm – B105
General Contest Rules
These rules apply to all contests conducted by WUBE 105.1 fm B105 (the “Station”) unless otherwise specified in the specific contest rules for
particular contests governed by their own separate contest rules.
Who Can Enter:
- The Contest is open to all legal residents of the Greater Cincinnati Metropolitan Area, thirteen (13) years of age or older. In the event that a
winner is under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian, showing proper identification, must claim prize.
- Employees (including, without limitation, part-time or temporary employees) of the Station, contest sponsors and any other
Cincinnati area radio stations, and their respective parent entities, subsidiaries, affiliated companies and advertising and
promotion agencies at any time during the applicable contesting period and the immediate family and other household members
(i.e., spouses, parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, roommates, housemates, significant others, partners and siblings)
of each of the above are NOT eligible to enter and/or to win the Contest.
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win. Contestants may enter as often as they wish, unless specified otherwise. Contestants
may only win one prize per person valued under $25.00 once every 7 days, a prize valued between $25.01 and $300 once every 30 Days,
a prizes valued between $300.01 and $1000.00 once every 6 months and prizes valued at $1000.01 and over once per year unless specified otherwise.
- Station is not responsible for any entries, internet connections and/or telephone calls that are misdirected, lost, stolen,
disconnected, not received, or are illegible. Station not responsible for any printing errors. All entries become the property of
the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- Entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. Entries that are determined
to be fraudulent will be void, and the person making such an entry barred from further participation in that contest. Entries that are
determined by Station to be fraudulent will be void and the person making such an entry barred from further participation in the contest.
Incomplete entries may be disqualified in Station’s sole discretion.
- One or more contests may be announced from time to time. Station may run more than one contest simultaneously, but entries will
only be solicited for one contest at a time.
- Depending on the contest, the Station will designate the required method of entry. The following apply to the applicable entry method designated:
- For call-in contests, entrants will be asked to call in on a designated telephone line (the phone number will be given on the air)
at a particular time or times. At the time that calls are solicited, the criteria for winning will be announced (e.g., first six callers,
tenth caller, first caller with the correct answer). Only those calls to the specific phone number provided, at the time calls are solicited,
shall be eligible to win. Calls to the main Station phone number or any other phone number are not acceptable. Winners will be selected in
accordance with the criteria announced when calls are solicited. The contest will be judged by Station personnel, and the decision of the
judges will be final as to all matters, including (i) the order in which calls were received and (ii) whether any answer required to be
given is correct. By calling the Station’s call-in or request line, each contestant gives permission and consents to Station’s
recording and/or broadcasting contestant’s name, voice, participation, and the substance of the contestant’s telephone call. Contestant
agrees that no additional compensation will be paid for such usage.
- For mail-in contests, entries must be received at the announced address by the announced deadline. Mail-in entries must be legible
and contain all information required.
- For entry boxes contests, all entries which are mutilated, tampered with, illegible or from ineligible entrants will be void. Entries
which are not deposited in the official entry box will be void. Unless otherwise specified, only official entry blanks are eligible
(no mechanical reproductions will be accepted).
- For internet based entries, use of robotic, automatic, programmed or similar entry modes is prohibited and will be void. In case of
an identity dispute, the registered user of the email account on the date of entry will be the recognized user.
- For internet based entries when entry requires membership in the Station’s B105 Rewards Club (the ‘Club’): Membership is free.
The Club is an internet club that will entitle members to, among other things, receive information from Station and its clients, enter
contests, participate in surveys and enjoy many other opportunities. There is no cost to become a member of the Club. To join the Club
go to www.WUBE.com and click on the link for the Club and provide all required information (incomplete registrations may be invalidated
in Station’s sole discretion). In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of a member, the holder of the e-mail account will be deemed
the person who submitted the membership. The holder of the e-mail account is the natural person who is assigned the e-mail address by an
Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the second
level domain associated with the e-mail address in question. Limit one membership per person and one membership per e-mail address. Members
are required to provide truthful information when completing Club membership registration form. If Station determines that any registration
form contains false or fraudulent information or is submitted by a person other than the one named in the form or by an ineligible entrant,
such form will be disqualified and that member will be prohibited from participating in this contest. If a Member cancels his/her membership
during any contest in which such Member is entered (or was automatically entered), such Member may no longer be eligible to win a prize in
such contest, in Station’s sole discretion. Contest entry for Club members may be by one of the following means: (i) Members are automatically
entered in contests from time to time; (ii) Members may be required to complete a specific on-line entry blank for particular contests; (iii)
Redemption of Club points (if available), which have no cash value for an opportunity to enter selected contests; or (iv) Other means of entry
as described on-line or on-air.
- If a name is announced on-air as a potential winner who is required to call-in to win, only the actual person who entered can win and must be the
person who calls in. Persons having the same name will be disqualified if not the actual entrant.
- All prizes awarded on-air must be picked up at the Station’s studios at 2060 Reading Road, Cincinnati, OH 45202 during normal business hours of
8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Prizes will not be mailed, unless otherwise determined by the Station.
- Prizes will be released to winners only. Winners are required to present a valid state photo ID and social security number in order to pick up
any prize. All winners are required to sign a Release relieving the Station, its parents, subsidiaries, officers, directors, members, managers,
employees, agents and contest sponsors from any and all liability with respect to the contestant’s participation in the contest and the receipt
and/or use of the prize. Any person who refuses to sign the Release and/or provide a social security number will forfeit the contest prize.
- Station reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for all contests and giveaways. Prizes are not redeemable for cash.
No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
- Prizes not claimed within 10 business days of being awarded, or in the case of a time sensitive prize, within its period of usability, shall
be considered forfeited and will become property of Station. Such prize may be disposed of at the discretion of Station Management.
- Winners are responsible for paying all applicable local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the
prize, as set forth in the contest rules, and will be issued an IRS 1099 form for all prizes won from Station where the aggregate value of all
prizes is $600 or more.
- Odds of winning depend on the how the contest is conducted. For random drawing, the odds of winning depend upon number of eligible entries
received. All tie breaking procedures will be announced on-air and/or communicated in writing to tied contest participants.
- Station Management shall be the sole arbiters in all matters relating to the contest and in the interpretation of contest rules. Their
decisions shall be final. Entry into the contests constitutes agreement by contestants to abide by these rules, as well as any other rules established by Station.
- By participating in a Station contest, entrants hereby agree that Station has no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries,
losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession and/or use of a prize or an entrant’s participation in any such contest.
- By participating in a Station contest, entrants hereby consents to the Station and contest sponsors’ usage of any one or more of the following
for on-air broadcast and for advertising and promotional purposes without payment of additional consideration: contestant’s name; voice; likeness;
biographical information; his/her participation in the contest; and the substance of the contestant’s telephone call.
- Complete contest rules are available at the Station studios at 2060 Reading Road, Cincinnati, OH 45202 during normal business hours of 8:30 a.m.
to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday or go online at www.WUBE.com.
- Station contests are subject to all applicable laws and regulations and are void where prohibited.
- Station is not responsible for any technical difficulties experienced due to overload, busy signals, loss of phone service, electronic problems
or any other factor that may prevent an individual from completing a phone call or for any technical malfunction related to any telephone connection,
servers, routers, or any other technical problem that may impact entry or prize claim including, without limitation, any internet telephone call connections.
- Station reserves the right to: (i) terminate or declare any Contest null and void and rescind any prize, if in its sole judgment, the rules or the
integrity of the Contest have been violated or compromised in any way, intentionally or unintentionally by any person whether or not a participant in
the Contest; (ii) alter or amend these Contest rules at any time; and (iii) stop or conclude the Contest at any time without prior notice. Material
changes to the contest rules will be broadcast on-air, when practical.
- These are general contest rules, and rules for individual contests may vary. To the extent that any individual contest rules differ from these
rules, the individual contest rules will govern and control.