Brad Pitt attacker: I’m a normal guy

Vitalii Sediuk

Vitalii Sediuk says he jostled Brad Pitt on the red carpet for entertainment purposes only.

The 25-year-old Ukrainian TV personality was hauled away in handcuffs last Wednesday from the Los Angeles premiere of Maleficent after allegedly striking Brad in the face.

But Vitalii insists the incident was meant to be in jest.

“So, I am a normal guy. I am not crazy. I do this for entertainment, but we can make a lot of stories out of one simple incident, or a prank,” he told the Associated Press. “So there’s so much we can talk about the prank, and why I do it. But, as I say: My primary purpose is entertainment, fun and, obviously, not hating, offending someone, or putting in a crazy position.”

Last Friday Vitalii was sentenced to 20 days of community labor and 36 months of summary probation after pleading no contest to charges of battery and unlawful activity at a sporting or entertainment event, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

He has also surprised celebrities including Will Smith, Bradley Cooper and Leonardo DiCaprio by running at them on the red carpet.

And Vitalii doesn’t think he needs to apologize to these A-listers for his antics.

“I would say to them, ‘Don’t get offended at me. Don’t get mad at me. And just to be thankful that I show it’s easy to get access to you and maybe you have to tighten security, and maybe you have to talk to people in a different way — maybe to be more cautious,’” he said. “Obviously, I don’t want to say, ‘Don’t talk to fans.’ But maybe cautious.”

Vitalii has a criminal record, as TMZ previously reported he remains on three years probation for crashing last year’s Grammys after appearing on stage and attempting to accept an award presented to Adele.

© Cover Media