Bay not injured

Michael Bay

Michael Bay was not injured during an attack on the Transformers set today.

The 48-year-old director is currently filming the latest installment of the action franchise in Hong Kong.

Reuters reported early Thursday Michael may have been injured on the right side of his face after three men attacked him.

And now studio executives at Paramount have clarified the incident in a newly released statement.

“Contrary to several erroneous news reports, Bay did not get hurt in a fight on his set. The production company did have a rather bizarre encounter with a man (allegedly under the influence of a narcotic substance) who was wielding an air conditioning unit as his weapon of choice,” the studio told Deadline.

Executives said it wasn’t the man’s first encounter with members of the crew.

They also championed the director’s heroic confrontation with the alleged assailant.

“The young man, who had earlier accosted several other crew members, barreled onto the set in Quarry Bay and swung the cumbersome appliance directly at Bay’s head,” the statement reads.

“The director ducked and wrested the air conditioner from his attacker, preventing what could have been a serious accident. The company’s security team quickly stepped in and subdued the assault. The police, who also scuffled with the assailant and two of his companions, ultimately arrested the three men. No one on the cast or crew was injured and the production immediately resumed filming without further incident.”

The names of the trio involved have not yet been released.

Transformers: Age Of Extinction, starring Mark Wahlberg and Nicola Peltz, is scheduled for release next summer.

© Cover Media