- What do we bring?
This event will be held outdoors. All exhibitors MUST bring everything they need for set-up, including tables, chairs, etc. You will also be required to provide your own change for purchases at your booth.
- Can I sell food, bake sale items, etc.?
No. Please note that Turfway Park will be selling concessions and the selling of beverages or prepared food items is prohibited. If you have questions on this please contact Ron at email@example.com.
- Can I have helpers in my vendor space, and do they have to pay admission?
Yes, you can have helpers in your vendor space. You will receive four (4) wristbands for every space you purchase. You will receive them when you check-in at the event. It will be your responsibility to distribute these to your workers. They must be worn in order to be admitted.
- What if I’m having troubles registering for a space at the Garage Sale?
Email Ron at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will get a quick response so you can proceed with signing up.
- Is your shopping cart/website secure?
Yes, you can feel at ease using our very secure shopping cart system. Our current system is provided by 3DCart and authenticated through authorize.net – two gold-standard companies for merchant service providers.
- Do I need to bring any verification of my order to the Garage Sale in order to set up?
No. All you have to do is give us your name upon arrival and we will check you against a printout of all our exhibitors.
- I have already purchased a space; however, I spoke with a relative, and they would like to purchase a space as well. Is there any way their space can be next to mine?
All spaces will be assigned upon arrival at check-in. There will be no guarantees that you will be placed next to someone.
- I make bead/craft jewelry and other craft items. Would I be able to sell these at the Garage Sale?
Sure, so long as you are not a commercial business owner. No trade show exhibitors, Mary Kay, Tupperware, Pampered Chef and other independent sales contractors will be permitted to display at the event. If you are uncertain how you are classified, feel free to contact Ron at email@example.com.
- I saw that the event is in collaboration with Goodwill. Will Goodwill have trailers there to haul off the leftover things we do not sell? I was planning on donating it to Goodwill anyway. I don’t want to take anything home and it would be nice to just get rid of the leftover items after the garage sale there at the park.
YES! Goodwill would love to take any items you don’t want to haul back home with you. They will also give you a receipt for your items donated.
- I am a small business owner, and I have a kiosk I usually put up at area events. Would I be able to purchase a space at your event?
No. Sorry, we want this to feel like a yard sale – not a trade show; therefore, ONLY our title sponsors will be permitted to be on site at the event.
- I saw the note that one of the rules for obtaining a space at the Garage Sale is for individuals and not for businesses. I was wondering if you might consider offering space for a not-for-profit? For example, we usually do a garage sale-type of event in the spring where we take in donations and sell them to raise money for our work with seniors and the disabled.
Yes! We don’t care whose junk you are selling, as long as it is junk! You still would need to purchase the booth space, though.
- What is the admission price?
Admission (8 a.m.-1 p.m.) is $5 per person. Children 12 and under are FREE. Early bird admission is $10 (7 a.m.-8 a.m.).
- What time is set-up?
Early Bird set-up will take place on Saturday, June 2, from 4 p.m. until 7 p.m. We have employed security overnight at the venue. Security will patrol the lot, but Turfway Park and WUBE are NOT responsible for any damage or theft that may occur overnight. Day-of set-up will take place on Sunday, June 3, from 4 a.m. until 6:30 a.m. Safety is our number one priority so all exhibitors MUST be on-site and in place by 6:30 a.m. on the day of the event. If you are not in line to be placed by 6:00am on Sunday, June 3, you will not be able to set up and there will be no refund. The event will open to the public for Early Bird Admission from 7 a.m. until 8:00 a.m. General Admission will begin at 8 a.m.
- Are the outside spaces on asphalt, concrete, dirt or gravel?
- I don’t want to pay for my space online. Can I write you a check?
Sure. Fill out our mail-in form. Fill in the required information, include your check made payable to WUBE-FM, and return to us via mail. Or, you can drop off the form at our offices Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m., located at 2060 Reading Rd., Cincinnati, Ohio 45202. NO CASH. CHECKS OR ONLINE PAYMENT ONLY. Checks must be received by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, May 18, 2018.
- I noticed during the online checkout process that I had to agree to certain Terms & Conditions in order to purchase a booth at the Garage Sale. Do you have a printable copy of that for my records?
Of course! Download and print the Terms & Conditions that all vendors must agree to in order to participate in the event.
- Are we allowed to set up canopies or tents over our space?
Yes, you are welcome to set up a tent or canopy if you have one. We do require that you weigh down your tent/canopy appropriately so that it does not blow away. Weights/sandbags are necessary (no stakes). If you do not have proper weights to anchor your tent, you will be required to take it down.
- What if it rains the day of the event?
The event will be held RAIN OR SHINE. No refunds will be offered in the event of rain. Feel free to come prepared with a tent to cover your area. See the FAQ item listed above for guidelines.
- How much does it cost to get a vendor space?
Vendor spaces (11’x38’) are $30. You will receive four (4) worker wristbands per space. All participating vendors must read and agree to our Terms & Conditions as listed in the online shopping cart upon checkout.
*** Note: Pets, alcohol and weapons of any kind are strictly forbidden at this event.